Last night, Rapid Growth Media put on the Fashion Forum as part of the "Not Your Average Speaker Series" at Wealthy Theatre.
The expert panel included (from left to right) stylist Kev Couture, Marianne Bockheim (Intelligent Beauty, LLC), Tiffany Skilling (The ModeLife), Jim Murray (AK Rikks), and Patrick Plank (Leighs).
Master of Ceremonies, Latesha Lipscomb, directed the panel through the topics of:
- current trends and what to expect in the upcoming seasons,
- the local fashion scene and how it compares to that of the big cities like Chicago and NYC,
- the opportunities for Grand Rapids to excel and grow to become a fashionable city,
- what it takes to survive as a fashion-related business venture,
- the important factors in fashion and ways to utilize staple items to repurpose outfit after outfit,
- and much, much more.
Just a few quick highlights taken from the event:
- Black is the new black. Layer it. Add texture, and possibly a splash of color.
- Fashion is freedom. Individualize fashion to fit your style sensitive to trends, but don't carbon copy.
Tonight is "Fashion's Night Out" in Grand Rapids. Make sure to visit the site (fashionsnightoutgr.com) to check out the map of the 58+ participating stores, learn about the evening's special events, and preview the deals during this one-night-only special event. The goal of FNO is to heighten awareness of local stores, boost the industry's economy, and put the fun back in shopping at various stores throughout Grand Rapids. Hope to see you out there tonight exploring the city and supporting local business!