Dime contributing author, Stephen Bardo, just put out an article on their website about his top-5 sneaker shops in the Chicago area. Here is his list:
(5) Akin [1313 S Halsted Street, www.akinchicago.com]
(4) Leaders 1354 [672 N Wells Street, www.leaders1354.com]
(3) Succezz [1329 S Michigan Avenue]
(2) UpRise [1820 N Milwaukee Avenue, www.upriseskateboards.com]
(1) Saint Alfred [1531 N Milwaukee Avenue, www.stalfred.com]
I'm not sure if I completely agree with the order of the list, but I wouldn't be completely against his picks either. I would LOVE to see Barrio Bonito breaking into the top-5 in the future! That will certainly be a goal they will aim for once they are ready to launch the store and mission.